Full Color Image
2-4 minutes per person
5-15 minutes total, depending on group size
Experiencing the Power of Gratitude
Social Emotions Skills – Relationship Management
Team Development -Authenticity and Trust
Using the full color image on the card, describe to your partner someone you are grateful for. Use the picture as a metaphor to describe a gift they have, a trait or quality they exhibit, or something about who they are as a person and how they impact your life.
“I am grateful for my friend Tom who has such a creative mind and colorful, joyful approach to life. His openness and vision are a source of inspiration in my life.”
Have people reflect on the power of gratitude
1. What did you notice?
2. Does it happen in life that expressing gratitude impacts your mood or emotions?
3. Why does this happen?
4. What can you take from this experience about how you express gratitude in life?
- This is often done as a partner activity, but could be done as a small group or team.
- Address gratitude toward anyone in your life.
- Address gratitude for your partner or for a quality you experience in your team.
- Switch partners and cards. Now using the new card, use it to focus on another person, or another quality of the same person that you are grateful for.
- Reach out (Call, email, write them a letter) to that person and express your gratitude.
Watch Ritch demonstrate this activity!