Full color image
Team Development, Icebreakers, Social Emotional Learning
Have each person take one card. This works best in pairs or groups of 8 or less people and can easily work in a small space.
Have the participant look at their card and try to identify an item on the full color image that sparks a memory for them. They don’t have to be specific but can they use that image to direct themselves towards a memory that they are willing to share with their partner or the group. Go around and give everyone a chance to share. If you have time and the group would be comfortable enough, allow people to ask questions about their memory.
I remember the first time I planted a garden.
- Why is it important to remember things?
- How do our memories impact who we are?
- How can the stories of past help others get to know us better?
- Instead of a memory, use the image to create a wish. “Someday, I hope to…” How could that image represent something they might want to do in the future and why is that a dream/goal?
- Use as a writing prompt for journaling. Write about a memory that was sparked by the image.
Watch Ritch demonstrate this activity!